Self-Care is ALWAYS Important!
I’ve talked to many mamas and women during this lockdown that feel frustrated without their usual self-care routine. We can’t go to the gym or our yoga studios, we have grown out scary grey roots, our nails are horrible. Many have mentioned weight gain and feeling down about their physical appearance. I have felt this way myself; we are ALL going through it! It’s so easy to feel stressed and upset that we can’t do all the things that we usually do to feel better about ourselves, but we can also give ourselves a break! Self-care at home is totally possible.
Stop thinking about everything you’re NOT doing and give yourself a break!
You don’t have to be perfect. There is no such thing! You don’t have to have perfectly sculpted nails to be beautiful, and maybe this was a great opportunity to practice loving ourselves with grey roots and stubs for nails! It doesn’t matter if you’ve gained a few, mama. Throw the scale away, breathe, and give yourself some love. Self-care is even more important than ever… Every time I get pissed off that I can’t go to the gym or the salon (ten times a day), I realize I am focusing on something I CAN’T do. Our minds are like toddlers! They always need to be redirected. Redirect that crazy toddler mind to what you CAN do instead.
Why am I feeling this way? (I’m focused on what I can’t do)
What can I do to feel better? (Do something that I can do)
What can I do to change my mindset? (Practice self-care. Whatever is available.)
What can you do to change how you feel?
After asking these questions, I realized that there is always something you can do, even if its at home. I realized that I needed to find ways to do at-home spa treatments and stay active however I can with what IS available right now.
To be honest, it’s really not my favorite. Doing my own nails?! Working out at home?! I don’t love it. At. All. But when I stopped dreading and bitching, and just tried doing some of these things, I realized that it was actually a fun experience for myself and the whole family.
Here are some self-care at home ideas to try!
- Go grab some at-home spa materials such as nail polish, sugar scrub, face masks, etc. and have a spa day with your quarantine buddy.
- Sit by the pool or in your backyard to get some vitamin D!
- Write down 5 things you love about yourself every morning.
- Do a 30-day workout challenge on youtube (it’s FREE and keeps you accountable).
- Go for a sunrise or sunset walk around your neighborhood (being outside is great for your mental health)
- Set aside time to read a good book! There are so many books that help with your mindset (You’re a Badass by Jen Sincero is a great, easy read!)
- Whiten your teeth or put on a nice face mask
- Meditate in the morning before starting your day. There are many apps and resources on YouTube that can help with a daily guided meditation.
- When you’re feeling stressed, take a few deep breaths and think of everything you are thankful for.
- Get some hair masks! There’s nothing better than finding ways to help your hair care even outside of a salon!
- Challenge your mind with a puzzle.
- Have a paint night! Even if you don’t think of yourself as artistic, it can be a relaxing activity to break up your day.
- Work on your Soul Mate List! Read it and edit it every single day. Be grateful in advance to the universe for sending him to you!
- Create a relaxing playlist that you can use during at-home spa treatments or activities.
- Stay connected with others by setting aside time for a virtual happy hour.
- Research a new topic that you may have pushed aside in the past.
- Try new recipes!
- Set up a zoom call with your parents. I organized a family talent show last Saturday, and since I have such a huge family, we’re doing another one this Saturday! We’ll hear from a few more members of our family and it was so fun.
These are just some ideas that I found helped me so much. Self-love and Self-care are so important, especially when what you REALLY want to do isn’t available. Use these activities as a way to connect with yourself, your kids, and other family members you may not be able to see in person. Just because it’s different, doesn’t mean it’s bad. Love yourself for who you are, nobody is perfect, perfect does not exist, finding love starts in the mirror mama, love that amazing gorgeous one-in-7-billion Wonder Woman looking back at you.
Love yourself first!
Work on YOU and find new ways to have fun while doing it! It’s a strategy for finding love after divorce. You are proving that you deserve to be cared for and you deserve to be loved and respected. Self love is self respect. The more you love yourself and respect yourself, the closer you will get to attracting your soul mate. Maybe he’s out there giving himself a pedicure right now! For more tips and strategies on finding true love, please sign up below for my weekly newsletter below, and if you’d like to read my journey and strategies in my book Becoming Mrs. Stanley, you can order it here! And follow my Love Playlist on Spotify.
Wishing you lots of self love and self care,
#Love #SelfLove #Connect #FindRealLoveAfterDivorce #LoveYourself #Activities #Spa #SoulMate #SelfRemedies #Athome #Findtheone #Findbalance #selfcare